Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 98 cbr 600 f3 when running I have fuel leaking out…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 98 cbr 600 f3 when running I have fuel leaking out of the bottom right hand side outlet of the air vent solenoid valve and back in to the air intake

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?

Yes i’ve taken off the air hose and seen it manually coming out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '98 bike?

Honda cbr 600 f3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

If l can not to much once the peel was leaking I turned the bike off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Everything else seems fine just the fuel issue

6/2/2020
Motorcycle Mechanic: JOHN DICIAULA, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
JOHN DICIAULA
JOHN DICIAULA, Auto Mechanic
Hi, I’M John TheMotoTech, I hope I can help you out! You have a torn diaphragm in the valve. You should be able to just get the diaphragm itself. Pretty to replace.
Pretty easy to replace.
JOHN DICIAULA
JOHN DICIAULA, Auto Mechanic