Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

What would cause my 2002 Honda foreman,manual shift,a tv to…

Customer Question
What would cause my...

What would cause my 2002 Honda foreman,manual shift,a tv to have a front end squeal? I have replaced the front wheel bearings. Unhooked the brake cables. Still squeals ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I would have sworn it was the brakes, but no. Was told to replace wheel bearings. I bought this machine new. Never been abused.I just can't figure it out.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Honda?

400 foreman s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I checked the movement of the brake shoes . They move in and out.no staying in the out position.they return to home position. So then I replaced the front wheel bearings.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
5/30/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Check the brake rotors for any issues with abnormal wear or issues with a rock stuck in between the rotors and dust shield as well as any brake calipers hanging up. These can cause this issue here. If these were already inspected and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete