Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Honda metrop chf 50 will not start just a little click sound…

Customer Question
honda metrop chf 50 will...
honda metrop chf 50 will not start just a little click sound new battery fully charged lights fuel pump comes on but will not turn motor on to start
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 day by:
5/27/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 2 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question.
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) and even if just for test purposes:

• • re-inspect the battery, its ground lines to the harness, frame & engine, and/or re-check and re-clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring including fuse(s), fuse holder(s) and fusible link(s) (if so equipped);
  • • more importantly, have the battery externally charged; and
  • • then also have the battery LOAD TESTed (even if new/charged and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect);
  • • locate the starter relay, start by following the big cable from the + terminal of the battery as it always ends up tied to 1 of the 2 big terminals of the starter relay/solenoid;
  • • jump the 2 big terminals of the starter relay using an old wrench or screwdriver. Expect a big spark. Starter motor should turn;
  • • if yes, but the starter relay still only clicks (or no click) when attempting to start, then the starter relay is likely faulty and/or the circuitry attendant to it;
  • • if not, then the starter motor and/or battery-cables would be the suspect.
  • Also consider (even if just for test purposes) re-check the common ground. Or better yet, hardwire a secondary ground line from the battery's - terminal to the frame, to the engine and to the harness' green wires and their common tiepoints (joint connector).
was a great help to me in finding my problem- thanks

Great! Good to hear that the issue has been identified, congratulations.

Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and if you haven’t done so, please provide a positive rating (3 to 5 stars) at the top of your page (scroll all the way up)