Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2011 Honda ruckus and I'm not getting any spark…

Customer Question
I have a 2011 Honda...
I have a 2011 Honda ruckus and I'm not getting any spark
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
It's turning over and has compression
I've checked all the fuses
Answered in 1 day by:
5/26/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 2 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question.
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) and even if just for test purposes:

• • ensure constant BAT+12V on the red wire to the ECM; and
  • • IGN+123V on the red/blue and red/green wires of the load cut relay;
  • • test for pulsating low voltage on the blue/yellow wire from the pulser coil; and
  • • pulsating voltage on the black/yellow wire from the ECM to the ignition coil.

In some instances, it may be necessary to check, clean improve the common ground. It may even need hardwiring a secondary ground line from the battery's - terminal to the frame, to the engine and to the harness ground line/green wire/s.

Hi again,

Is further assistance/information still needed with this?