Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

M109 smell fuel and small amounts of fuel sputtering out of…

Customer Question
M109 smell fuel and...

M109 smell fuel and small amounts of fuel sputtering out of tail pipe

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts fine. But when fuel pump is kicking in . I hear some liquid trickling too

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2017. Brand new. Just got 600 miles service

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 600?

This is a boulevard m109

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Shop does it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This justarted. after the service was done

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Motorcycle
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/30/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 22 days ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

its possible that you have a stuck injector?

I'd say to turn the ignition on and off a few times to run the fuel pump and then remove a spark plug to see if its wet

as there should be no fuel injected if the engine isn't turning

if the plug is wet then you will need to replace or clean the injector

if thats OK then its possible its due to a faulty water temp sensor. If this is the problem then the ECU will be leaving the car constantly ' on choke' and not reducing the fuelling as the engine warms - so unplug the sensor and clean the contacts on both sides with some switch / electrical cleaner (not WD40) and inspect the wiring for any signs of damage to the insulation especially where it runs over other components and through the bulkhead- if this doesn't help consider replacing the sensor as they're not expensive

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer