Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

The oil wont go from the oil tank to the eng ....I changed…

Customer Question
The oil wont go...

The oil wont go from the oil tank to the eng ....I changed oil and it only took2 quarts and was full .... oil light stays on after starting it .... im sure there is no oil in the eng but the filter is full

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The oil light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

04 fatboy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried starting the end .... oil light stayed on so I shut it off immediatley

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/28/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

where on the bike did you drain the oil?

where did you add the oil?

was the oil hot when you changed it?

please be specific. I do not assume you know how to change the oil. there is a reason I ask the questions I do.

tell me everything you can.

Steve

first off ... I'm a 40 yr auto tech
Ive changed it many time .... I didn't measure what came out but it was lots in the pan
how long this going to take?
40 bucks ....plz answer the question

I think I'll opt out.

I can't help you if you refuse to answer my questions.

best of luck with your problem.

Steve

what a bunch of crap .... how do I get my money refunded?