Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a polaris ranger 570. Turning the key on to start and…

Customer Question
I have a polaris...

I have a polaris ranger 570. Turning the key on to start and all the lights flicker on dash and I get a clicking noise. Changed battery and got the same result. Checked all the fuses and they are OK. Please advise

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes checked all fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ranger?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cannot get it up on trailer to get it to the shop. So trying to fix myself. Changed battery and got the same result

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/27/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 3 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...polaris ranger 570..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) and even if just for test purposes:

• • test for the presence and consistency of BAT+12V on the red wire from the battery's + terminal to the Start Solenoid;
  • • all the other red wires from the Start Solenoid;
  • • and the red wires of the Power Fuse.

Additionally:

• • re-inspect the battery, its ground lines to the harness, frame & engine, and/or re-check and re-clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring including fuse(s), fuse holder(s) and fusible link(s) (if so equipped);
  • • more importantly, have the battery externally charged; and
  • • then also have the battery LOAD TESTed (even if new/charged and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).

In some instances, it may help (even if just for test purposes) to hardwire a secondary ground line from the battery's - terminal to the frame, to the engine and to the harness' black wires and their common tie points.