Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

No power to dashboard. Battery charged, Yamaha R6s 2009, I…

Customer Question
No power to dashboard...

No power to dashboard. Battery charged

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Yamaha R6s 2009

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 motorcycle?

I can’t even start it at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Starter went out and I was going to bump start it to take it in to fix the starter but there isn’t even any power going to the dash now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked the fuse box on the left side under the handlebars

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/25/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Yamaha R6s 2009..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) and even if just for test purposes:

• • check/replace the 50A main fuse attached to a pair of red wires;
  • • in most version, the main fuse would be below the seat on the left side towards the rear;
  • • more importantly, have the battery externally charged; and
  • • then also have the battery LOAD TESTed (even if new/charged and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).