Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2013 diesel ranger Crew, its overheating but the…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 diesel ranger Crew, its overheating but the fan seems fine. There is also an issue with gear change, with engine running.
Gears change good with engine off, key on. Could the two problems be related ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its tricky, it is located in Tonga, looking to direct my repair guy remotely to what the most likly problem may be.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 3 days by:
3/26/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 5 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

These issues here may be related.This may be a computer fault.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out for all these needs done to see if any codes are set in any of the computers indicating a fault needing diagnosed and repaired.I have seen some control units/computers act up in the past and show a false over heat as well as causing gear change issues or other issues.If this was already checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete