Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I'm getting ready to install a New painted Gas tank on my…

Customer Question
I'm getting ready to...

I'm getting ready to install a New painted Gas tank on my Harley Davidson Softail and when I disassembled I i had to cut fuel line because it was going all over the place. I bought new hoses and want to know if you could show me are tell me where to run the fuel line in the fuel injector ?

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

2007 FXSTC Softail

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 motorcycle?

Harley Davidson. The tank was already empty now. I bought a split tank this time. 5Gal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I don't have manual and I know how to hook up on tank, but not sure about the hose.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Changing from a single tank to a split tank.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/23/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
When I cut the line and drained the gas. I cut the hose and took tank off. I forgot where it came from. I think a fuel line broke at the injector. I need to fix before I put on new painted tank. Can you help me?

I provided links above.

let me know if you need more help.

Steve

Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 months ago

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please click ACCEPT.

thank you,

Steve