Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Suzuki GSXR 600 and the battery shows 12.6 volts,

Customer Question
I have a Suzuki...

I have a Suzuki GSXR 600 and the battery shows 12.6 volts, but nothing gets illuminated to start the bike...just seems dead?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes. The battery has been replaced and it worked fine for a few days...now the system will not do anything?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 600?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 600 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the main 30 amp fuse and it has continuity...so I am at a loss?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it...the bike ran fine and just died

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/23/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 months ago
kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic

Hi, my name is***** and welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your GSXR. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You mentioned having continuity at the main fuse, do you have voltage at both sides?

there is voltage on both sides.

Thanks, ***** ***** ignition switch do you have voltage on the red wire?