Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Will start and then die turn the key off for a few seconds…

Customer Question
Will start and then...

Will start and then die turn the key off for a few seconds and then back on and will start again replaced the vid box same thing

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the bike in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your bike has a "wheel lock" feature?

Is in park on wheel lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

Kawasaki 700 KSV700A

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your motorcycle?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the F.S digital ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
We don't know what a wheel lock is
Answered in 3 days by:
3/26/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.If the switch contacts are worn this can cause a loss of voltage or loss of signal causing a fault like this here.If you have not had the electronic ignition switch tested for any issues this needs did.If a fault is found with the switch it will need to be replaced.If this was or is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete