Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Stalls at high rpm, neutral light stays on in every gear. No…

Customer Question
Stalls at high rpm...

Stalls at high rpm, neutral light stays on in every gear

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the bike stall at idle or when driving?

No check engine light. Stalls at the end of each gear while driving

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2014, victory highball

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that the bike doesn't die. It just, loses power at the end of each gear.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/22/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 months ago
kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic

Hello, it sounds like the fault with the neutral switch is causing it to hit the neutral rev limiter while in gear resulting in the loss of power. You'll need to replace the neutral switch and it should resolve the problem.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

Thank you sir

You're welcome, it's been my pleasure to help. Thanks for using Just Answer!