Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Some ABS issue. It is a 2014 Street Glide FLHXS. The ABS…

Customer Question
Hi, some ABS issue ...

Hi, some ABS issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?

Yes, it is a 2014 Street Glide FLHXS. The ABS ligt does not flash at startup. It is dark all the time. In diagnostic mode the ABS does not show up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 motorcycle?

HD FLHXS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just get it as used

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 2 days by:
3/22/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the abs control unit/ecu internally.I would check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If any fuses are found to be blown at all the affected fuses need to be replaced.If all fuses are o.k. then the wiring needs checked leading to the control unit itself to see if any wiring issues are found.From there you will need to have it tested further to see if a control unit needs to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete