Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

It want start with the electric start. I replace the voltage…

It want start with...

It want start with the electric start. I replace the voltage regulator thinking that might be the problem.Did the same thing. I now think it might be the starter because it sound like it is turning the starter over but it will not engage. Even put a new battery on it to be sure. it was not the weak battery. Is it hard to replace the starter/

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

I put a new battery on it sme problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

209 kawasakie boyou 250

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your motorcycle?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

I put a new voltage regulator on it and a new battery. It will start fine will the pull start but not with the electric switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to be sure it is the starter before I try to fix it?

3/20/2018
TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic

If the starter spins when the button is pressed but the engine does not turn over then the problem is with the sprag clutch assembly mounted on the backside of the alternator rotor located inside the left engine cover.

Please leave a five star rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can add a reply at any time if you need more help with this problem.

TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic