Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Is there a way to bypass my street Bob fuel gauge and only…

Customer Question
Is there a way...

Is there a way to bypass my street Bob fuel gauge and only use dash read out for fuel?? I want install a dummy cap for a better look?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

New bike

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2016 harley dynamic street Bob FXDB

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes doing myself. Just when I unplug fuel gauge dash read out has low fuel light on and displays low fuel digitally. Just curious if I can jumper wires to have fuel level go to dash read out and not go through fuel gauge on tank first.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/19/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

no. the fuel gauge feeds the ECM which tells the dash how much fuel you have left based on the rate at which you are using it.

Steve

Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 months ago

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please click ACCEPT.

thank you,

Steve