Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Having an issue with coolant leaking into crankcase on a…

Customer Question
Having an issue with coolant...
Having an issue with coolant leaking into crankcase on a 2006 Suzuki Kingquad 700.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
To give you a better break down...The coolant leaks into the crankcase when just sitting as well as running. I can drain the oil out completely and leave the drain bolt out and fill the radiator up all the way and within 30 seconds to a minute you will start to see coolant draining out of the oil drain hole. I have replaced the waterpump assembly. Tested again and still leaks. I figured the head gasket was bad even though there wasn't any signs of burning coolant nor visually or smell. I went ahead and decided to tear down the top end and inspected the head gasket as well as base gasket. Head gasket looked decent but couldn't find any cracks in head or any warping. Replaced head gasket and base, filled radiator back up and started leaking out of drain hole again. I also took my Snap On borescope camera and looked into the cylinder just to be sure, but no coolant leaking in there. I feel like there must be a hairline crack in the head of cylinder somewhere to cause it to leak as fast as it does into the crankcase but i couldn't find anything.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/19/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Daniel, Manager replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Manager

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that all experts are paid based off of ratings alone and I prefer five stars so please let me know what I can do to achieve that from you today.

Based on the information that you've given and what I have read so far, I am recommending that we continue this conversation via phone call assistance so that I can help you more efficiently. Please accept the phone call proposal so that we can continue or we can continue through this message board but it may take longer depending on the difficulty level of your problem.
Once you have accepted the proposal and I will post my phone number and at that point you will text me at least 30 minutes prior to when you are ready to talk. At that point I will call you or set up a time to do so as soon as possible.

Im going to continue on here until you decide how you would like to continue. I believe you are on the right track...have you tried a cylinder leak down test?