Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 1999 ultra classic clutch tries to creep when the clutch…

Customer Question
My 1999 ultra classic...

My 1999 ultra classic clutch tries to creep when the clutch lever is fully engaged. clutch is adjusted per specs

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No slipping . hard to shift

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I replaced shifter shaft. that's when problem strated

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/17/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 6 months ago
kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic

Hello, did you adjust the clutch pack freeplay? If so how much did you turn back the screw and was the bike cold? Is the cable seated properly at both ends?

half turn
if pushrod is good what else could cause this promblem

The spring plate (11 in the diagram HERE) or the discs themselves sticking due to ridges worn in the clutch basket.