Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

When I am running my 1996 Honda foreman 400 it makes a

Customer Question
When I am running...

When I am running my 1996 Honda foreman 400 it makes a rattle sound in the exhaust then goes quiet and then bogs and looses power and makes a loud hissing noise

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It sound like the left side of the motor and about a week

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 Honda?

Foreman 400

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

To see it the exhaust was plugged but it wasn’t

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that should be good

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/18/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: koboma,
 replied 4 months ago
koboma

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Motorcycle Mechanic: koboma,
 replied 4 months ago

Single cylinder 4 cycle engine. Did you remove the exhaust and made no difference? Have you checked the valve lash? Have you run a compression test, to see if head gasket may be leaking?

Motorcycle Mechanic: koboma,
 replied 4 months ago