Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I am still working with the answer to my previous question.

I have a vacuum line...
I am still working with the answer to my previous question. I have a vacuum line from carburetor that goes to the petcock with a Y in the line that pulls vacuum. I can't find where it goes. I have looked for 2 days. Help!
3/17/2018
TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic

The vacuum line attaches to the right front of the square diaphragm body of the fuel petcock. It is just to the right of where the fuel line attaches.

Please leave a five star rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can return at any time and add a reply if you need more help with this problem.

I already attached it there but there is a T connection on that line do I cap it off or does it go some where

There are two vacuum lines that attach to the T. One of them connects to the center intake manifold on the right side and the other connects to the center intake manifold on the left side. Typically these rubber hoses are damaged, cracked and leaking so replace them if they a bad.

I have those two hooked up with the other line on that T going too the par control valve. The T I am talking about comes from intake #5 or last on L/Rear cylinder to the petcock it has a T on that line. Should it go somewhere or be capped off. Any ideal I have looked everywhere. Thanks

I found a diagram for the hoses on that model. It is showing a T on the two center cylinders connected to the par valve. It shows the left rear hose going to the petcock without any T fitting. It may be a California model with a charcoal canister and that is where the other hose goes. But I cannot find a diagram to confirm that. The thing to do would be to cap it off and the bike will run fine without the hose going to the canister.

my thoughts too. Thank you for your time I am retired and have restored a few vetts and MGB but this was a new animal.

Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I can get credit for assisting you.

TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic