Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2009 polaris 800 RZR has no spark and no power to fuel pump?

Customer Question
2009 polaris 800 RZR...

2009 polaris 800 RZR has no spark and no power to fuel pump? Help Please

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Yes No power at all to fuel pump and no spark at plug

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 motorcycle?

Polaris 800 razor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have check the wires for any breaks and have checked the fuses

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/12/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 5 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...2009 polaris 800 RZR..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) and even if just for test purposes:
• test for +12V on the red/black wire to the fuel pump;

• and on the red/gray to the ignition coil;

• ensure good ground all through out;

• it may help to (temporarily) hardwire a secondary ground line from the battery's - terminal to the frame, to the engine and to the harness' brown wires including their common tie points.

No power on either wire at fuel pump or coil. Checked all fuses as well

I understand that "...Checked all fuses as well..."

Please check the voltage of the red/black wire to the fusebox.

Red wire has 12.3 volts

Very significant.

There is a common tie point of all these red/black wires fed by the red/black from the fuse box.

It would appear a loose connection and/or corrosion.

Trace both red/black wires (from the fuse box and from the ignition coils). Their junction would be the common tie point.

Consider even if just for test purposes hardwiring a jumper wire from the fusebox's red/black wire to the ignition coil's red/black wire.

Hi again,

Any update?