Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

It is actually a 2016 maverick max x ds turbo. I am trying…

Customer Question
Hi it is actually...

Hi it is actually a 2016 maverick max x ds turbo. I am trying to spice in a led license plate light to the right rear tail light. Tested it, it was working then I went to put it all together and now the tail lights won't work. Brake lights work but no tail lights. Checked the fuses under the drivers side dash all look good. Is there another fuse for them somewhere I can't see?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes they are all good

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying too. Not sure what else to look for

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it worked, and then a the sudden no tail light. Head lights and break light are working

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 9 days by:
3/20/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models the light system cannot handle the led lights and can quit working like your seeing here.Try wiring up your original light,disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect it and see if they work then.If this was already tried and did not work let me know.If it works I would check with the facility the lights were purchased from to see if there is a kit to install ( like a resistor kit needed ) to make this work on your model.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I did just try that, but it is still not working. Fuses seem to be good, unless there is another fuse box somewhere else. Head lights and brake lights work, just no tail lights, could it be a relay?

Unfortunately, some of my info is limited on this model here.I, unfortunately, do not have access to the fuse or relay diagrams for your model here.Let me open this up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.

Thanks Pete