Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

2007 sporster was not running it would turn over but no

Customer Question

2007 sporster was not running it would turn over but no start . replaced the ecm and the tcm . the bike starts up and runs for abiut 10 seconds then shuts off . what next ?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: new battery all tight
JA: What is the model of your '07 motorcycle?
Customer: 1200 custom made into a trike
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this bike was brought to me not running i have a 3 bike lift shop . i m pretty good with electrical but this one has me stumped . i checked the wireing under the tank no pinched wires that i can see . replaced the computer ,battery ,tcm . the bike had an alarm on it . the customer shorted out the tcms so they replaced the computer no start then i told them to get rid of the alarm and we put in the tcm bike started but shuts off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats pretty much it. who ever built the bike did a good job
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.

perform the password ***** sequence.

here's a link http://www.harley-performance.com/password-learn.html

read the entire sequence before starting. put a battery charger on the battery before you start.

let me know if you need more help.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please click ACCEPT.

thank you,

Steve