Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2000 Nomad 1500 ignition I lost the key I tried to…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 Nomad 1500 ignition I lost the key I tried to drill it out was unsuccessful so I snapped the wires in the back and it be going to hotwire process however I've come to understand that there's a diode that needs to be installed I need to know what colors what colored wires where that diode needs to be in place can you help

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your motorcycle. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No I just very much need this bike to run right now I don't have other transportation and I've got to get it running so I can get up to the bank and take care of stuff

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
I got to stay so far I'm not very happy with the service it's cold as hell here I've got the bike wide open I have no transportation and I've got something going on with my bank account I need to get down there and my my cell phone is turned off I'm using my wife's I need somebody to give me an answer simple question there's anti-theft diode I need to know where that what that which wires that connect to so that the damn bike will start I got to turn it over and everything else I just need to know what colors connect to the diode
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 3 days by:
3/12/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: asphaltcycles, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 4 months ago
asphaltcycles
asphaltcycles, Motorcycle Mechanic

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you today. Lets get started by seeing what the symptoms are, and see if we can diagnose it together.

Hotwiring a bike is not something we can legally help with, BUT, there is something I can do.

There is an aftermarket harley style switch that is a replacement for your key, and has the same resistor in series with the wires. Hold one a sec and I'll find the info on it.

Here is the diagram you need, and if you look closely you can see you need a 100OHM resistor in series. Here is a link to the color code for 100OHM.

https://www.google.com/search?q=100+ohm+resistor+color+code&num=50&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt6rz5qefZAhWPoFMKHa5ODRUQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=925#imgrc=nS4JRqEEcqBGzM:

Thanks for your questions, and good luck. I know its frustrating to hear it spin over without any spark. That's why Kawi put that resistor in, to keep people from tampering with it. With that resistor in series, soldered in, you'll get fire again.