Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2011 Kawasaki prairie 360 that sit in my shop over…

I have a 2011 Kawasaki...
I have a 2011 Kawasaki prairie 360 that sit in my shop over the winter. It won’t idle but runs out great. It has a few miles over 300.
3/8/2018
TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic

The most likely problem is the low speed jet in the carburetor is clogged with old fuel varnish. This jet has the smallest oriface in the carburetor and is the first to clog. Because it is so small and difficult to clean I recommend replacement and cleaning the rest of the fuel passages along with fresh fuel in the gas tank.

Please leave a positive star rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can return at any time and add a reply if you need more help with this problem.

Thank you Timoto I will try that this weekend and get back with you.

OK

Hey timoto, sorry about getting back so late. I changed my jets and it runs and idles like it should. Thanks a lot. I reckon I’m going to learn how to adjust the valves. It backfires.

Good to hear the problem is fixed. Please leave a five star rating so that I can get credit for assisting you.

TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic