Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Just rebuilt the engine on my outlander. now i have to hold…

Customer Question
Just rebuilt the engine...

Just rebuilt the engine on my outlander. now i have to hold the throttle for it to idle and it runs very rough

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Constent

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Outlander?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am a do it yourselfer an i have verified all my conections pluss the timing of the valves

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It sounds like the timing for the valves are off a little bit but when i check tdc it looks perfect

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 day by:
3/5/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you getting any codes?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Unfortunately I never even received your first reply. So I had better not get a charge on my Damm credit card . Thank you

Sorry, you never noticed I replied and tried to help.