Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2014 kawasaki mule with noise In fro t differential. New…

Customer Question
2014 kawasaki mule with...

2014 kawasaki mule with noise In fro t differential. New shafts and u joints. Was told it should be put in 4x4 when needed.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your bike?

It's a 2014 620 c.c 4 seater. All drive shafts and wheel bearings etc replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the bike in?

Super shape. Everything new.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 motorcycle?

2014 kawasaki mule 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

All new drive shafts

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

. All new wheel bearings new shaft and carrierbraring to front differential. No noise in***** Just makes kicking noise sparatically in 4x4. Mechanic said only use 4x4 when in mud or loose material.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 day by:
2/9/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is a good idea to only use the 4x4 on a slippery road surface because this can cause internal damage to the internal components in the front differential.If you have not had the differential inspected for any issues internally and all external components are o.k. this needs to be done.If any issues are found they will need to be repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete