Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I would like to remove the air box and install a pod air…

I would like to remove...
I would like to remove the air box and install a pod air filter on my 1980 Honda XL100s. What should I do with the air cleaner that connects to the crank case and air box?
1/22/2018
kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic

Hello, you'll want to use a T fitting to connect them and then use a clamp on filter of the proper diameter to connect to the T then zip tie it up out the way. HERE is the type of filter i'm talking about.

If my answer has helped you please help me by rating/accepting. It does not cost any extra and insures I am credited for my time and knowledge. Follow up questions concerning your original question are always free even after rating/accepting. Thanks for using Just Answer!

kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Ok, so T-fitting attached to the crankcase and then air filter on one side and hose to the cleaner on the other connection?

Correct

Awesome! Thank you!