Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

When I start it up it backfires so much that when I put it…

Customer Question
When I start it...

When I start it up it backfires so much that when I put it in to gear it just dies

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Out of the tailpipes it just started

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2008 roadking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

New coil plugs battery

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
1/19/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

what happened to the bike between the last time it ran ok and now?

was maintenance performed or accessories added?

was it parked for an extended period?

tell me everything you can.

Steve

Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 6 months ago

let me know if you have other questions.

Steve

Steve