Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Got a 96 Fxdwg that I am doing a ground up resto on it has…

Customer Question
Got a 96 Fxdwg...

Got a 96 Fxdwg that I am doing a ground up resto on it has the stock tranny but when I built the motor i had to replace to lowerend with S&S cases and oil pump question is where do all the oil lines go? any help would be appreciated thanx

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Havent changed the oil yet its a new motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 motorcycle?

FXDWG Dyna wide glide

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to plumb in the oil lines Im building the bike

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
1/17/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

the oil lines are pre-formed and only fit one way.

the fittings on the S&S oil pump are the same as the OEM pump.

there are 3 lines......the vent is above the oil pump on the crankcase, the supply is on the outer cover of the oil pump and the return is the line from the oil filter.

there should be 3 fittings on the transmission/oil pan assembly.

let me know if you need more help.

Steve

Not using stock oil lines the old ones were trashed so Im replacing them with stainless braided There is a top outlet on the S&S pump as well as a bottom Im just guessing but is the bottom from the tranny/tank go to the bottom out of the pump? ie the supply side?
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 6 months ago

if you don't need more help, Please ACCEPT my answer.

let me know if you have other questions.

Steve