Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

How to open a jam seat when the does not work. It is a 2016…

Customer Question
How to open a...

How to open a jam seat when the does not work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

It is a 2016 Downtown 300i ABS Scooter

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?

No the brakes have not been squeaking and I have check the fluid level

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have one side of the seat unlash from underneath but i can not get to the other side because of the way it designed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I wanted to know if there was a backup release cable

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
1/16/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately, my info isn't showing if there is a release cable or how it releases on this model but I see no one else has replied and want to try and help if I can.In some cases, one side of the seat may release and then the seat may slide to pull up and out.If this was already tried let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete