Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

The check engine light is on. How can I find out what is…

Customer Question
The check engine light...

The check engine light is on. How can I find out what is wrong without taking it to a dealership?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your motorcycle. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It does not pick up speed or accelerate either.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
1/15/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 7 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If you got a auto parts store close enough that you feel safe driving it there most parts stores will check your codes for free. If you can get the codes checked and let me know what they are I can give you an idea of whats wrong if its possible with just the codes. Many times it is not but sometimes it is. The only way to know for sure is to get the codes.

Ill be standing by if you can get the codes. Just reply here and let me know what they are.

Please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. The question will stay open for follow ups even after you rate my initial service at no extra charge. Thanks