Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

For 2004 harley night train the turn signals on left not…

Hello, for 2004 harley...

Hello, for 2004 harley night train the turn signals on left not working,left side rear was working., now its not working, front running lights are working.only turn signal on front left side working. Tim

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Fuse under seat all good/ what fuse are you talking about

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 motorcycle?

2004 night train, carberated not efi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all lights working,took them off and put power from battery they all work, fixing bike myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The rear right will not work with the wiring on bike,but when i took the light off put it on battery they work. these are led lights complete unit,sealed can t get in it,they all were working, next day the 2 turn signals in rear was not working . this may help you, i have a led light from a trailer it works,put the wires together that the bike has won t work, you got me on this one, how about 30 amp fuse above TSM could that be bad, when i press both turn signal buttons for 4 way flasher, front and rear left used to work not now. Lights on dash arrows working. but you still you have 2 press both buttons again to shut it off. TIM

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
what fuse ? fuse fox under seat that skinney box,they are all good checked them several times
the rear turn signals, just turn signals,not running lights, the end, this is all i did
The wires from the bike attached,not working both sides,tried another led it lights up , did this to all the turn signals, same thing,except the front left still will blink, only 3 working, was 2, but now 3 our out, front right, both rear turn signals. THis is all i did, bike gets riden very seldom, have battery tender on battery, battery is new. Final information to you.
Sorry, sounds like to me TSM... harley said it has a tssm fuel injected, i don t have an alarm system, they were puzzled all this was free ,i know service mgr, they said electric problems 200.00 and 137.00 fo a tsm harley module. i am finished what is going on.
Sorry, but still everything ok with tssm,they been working for the past 6 months no problem. This for sure is everything , nothing else to say but puzzled me about this, bike has not moved when this was going on.with turn signals
PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM, I AM GOING CRAZY WITH THIS. the end.........
THE 30 AMP FUSE ABOVE TSSM I HAVE, DOESN T IT SHUT OFF AND ON, I READ SOMEWHERE
1/15/2018
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

you posted conflicting information.

please clarify the following:

- did you perform maintenance or add accessories before this started?

- do the front and rear right side turn signals blink when the right turn button is pressed? what do you see on the dash?

- do the front and rear left side turn signals blink when the left turn button is pressed? what do you see on the dash.

- do all turn signals blink when both turn buttons are pressed? what do you see on the dash.

tell me everything you can.

Steve

no, changed oil and trans fluid
can you put a regular flasher relay and bypass the Tssm,i am putting tssm because it has it in it, but should be tsm.
steve, what it boils down to front turn signals were working,but not the rear,then the right rear just today did not work. The harley dealer said it looks like the TSM is not working right. Tim

I agree with the dealership.

IF the 4ways function, then you know all TSM inputs are working and all TSM outputs are working.

then, if any individual turn signal does not operate, the TSM is faulty.

* this assumes the TSM is getting the correct voltage and has a good ground *

the voltage on the white/orange wire at the TSM should be the same as battery voltage and >12 vdc.

Steve

steve, when you press both turn signal buttons,only left front turn signal works now used to be 2 now 1. i tried it today and only the left front turn signal works, but right front does not work.anymore. but you still have to press the 2 turn signal buttons to stop the front right from blinking, now when you press both buttons for the 4 way flasher only the front left is blinking only. why would another led i have for testing work on left rear, tested all four on battery direct to it they light up.left front turn signal blinks when you press the turn signal button ,works as normal. Don t get it? ,lights up just fine when you put them on battery direct.
Steve are you still going to call me if you can t figure it out. Tim

if all you did was change the oil, the TSM has failed.

if you did anything that may have affected (cut) the wiring to the turn signals, you need to check your work.

since you said it was only an oil change......wires don't just fail setting in the garage. that only leaves the TSM.

Steve

Not trying to rush you, when will you know something
if i check all my wire connections and they are fine, its the TSM, right. ( no phone call is necessary cancel call to me please. )
Steve,Please cancel phone call to me please.

what happened to your wiring?

you said you did an oil change. why should you check your wiring?

what I said was, if nothing happened that would have cut all your turn signal wiring, the TSM is bad.

seems clear the TSM is bad.

Steve

Steve,Thankyou for giving me an answer. TIM

Glad I could help.

please ACCEPT my answer.

thank you,

Steve

I did put a light in front for more visability and did cut some wires, forgot to tell you, sorry. tim
Steve ,don t call me ,cancel call. Tim

please page up and read all my posts.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please click ACCEPT.

thank you,

Steve

Steve, i understand what you wrote now after reading what you sent me in the last page you sent me, Sorry to be a pain. If i need other help with something,i will ask for you, Thankyou again. Tim

Glad I could help.

please click ACCEPT.

thank you,

Steve

if you don't need more help, Please ACCEPT my answer.

let me know if you have other questions.

Steve

Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Steve
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic