Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

How can I open the seat of my 2014 Yamaha Zuma without a…

Customer Question
How can I open...

How can I open the seat of my 2014 Yamaha Zuma without a key. The key is locked in the seat!

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the bike? Has this ever happened before?

Aboat 1500 miles. No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 motorcycle?

Yamaha Zuma

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes no it's a first time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
1/15/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 7 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Your only two options that wont damage it are to either have a locksmith open it or take proof of ownership to the dealer and they can cut you a key to open the seat. It will probably cost under 50 bucks the dealer route and you will have a spare to keep in your wallet in case it happens again.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

This is of no help: of course I have already thought of that.....I realize some damage would be expected ...

Sorry. In that case I will opt out and let someone else help you. I dont want to purposely suggest damaging it when such a cheap option exists to not damage it. Good luck with it. Hang tight and another expert should be along to help with it. Thanks