Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

My son’s LT50 started giving starting problems. I removed…

Customer Question
Hi, my son’s LT50...

Hi, my son’s LT50 started giving starting problems. I removed the carb, cleaned it out. Was very dirty. New sparkplug etc. Now I can’t get itstarted at all. Tried the priming and flooded piston. It’s got spark. Checked spark on on off awitch and off when off and spark when on. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

LT 50 has no battery, and as I mentioned. It has got spark.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '50 motorcycle?

97

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Are you AI or a real person?

Mechanic's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just show him my messages.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Additional info:
* Happened to tip quad over backwards and lot of fuel ran out of exhaust.
* Noticed that every time I try to start it, and then tip it over there is fuel running fro. The exhaust.
* Quad has primer fuel tap. Cleaned out. Seems to be working fine as not allowing fuel through on unless suction to priming pipe.
* Tried starting in both on and priming.
* Ican confirm there is definitely fuel and spark.
* Could it be that the carb was systematically set out, and after cleaning (having removed a lot of dirt) it is now flooding the piston?
1/14/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Suzuki LT50..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check float height/adjustment;
  • • re-check/clean float needle valve and seat;
  • • clean the bottom of the crankcase;
  • • and the exhaust system.