Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I was having some issues regarding the start up on my Suzuki…

Customer Question
Hello pearl , I...

Hello pearl , I was having some issues regarding the start up on my Suzuki SV650 2008.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes, it’s a fuel issue. My previous gas tank had a crack in it so I replaced it. After that I was at a gas station filling it and the T hose started dumping fuel on the ground. I have fuel in my coolant res and I don’t why it started dumping fuel .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just tried reconnecting the hose even when it was dumping gas while I was riding it would still run but it still would dump gas.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
1/13/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Suzuki SV650 2008 I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check the Tee nipple (#20) itself for possible crack;
  • • ensure clips (#21) and clamp (#22) are fastening securely the fuel lines;
  • • check the fuel lines themselves fro dryness, cracks, splits, pinholes and for anything out of the ordinary.

Please click HERE.