Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a polaris 500 hd not running. Sportsman 2012. 500hd.

Customer Question
I have a polaris...

I have a polaris 500 hd not running

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your bike?

Sportsman 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 motorcycle?

500hd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,i have spark gas ...

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No just like you run out of gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes i checked the timing looks ok to me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
it has 4500 km and service light is on
it has 4500 km and service light is on
oiltank oil is clean ,oil in engine is dirty . is the oil pump not working?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.(###) ###-####
1/10/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If it is acting like it is running out of fuel or no fuel check and make sure there are no fuel feed restrictions as well as fuel filter restrictions causing this issue here.I have seen both of these cause this type of fault in the past before.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

i am getting feul flow she is pumping ,did before put fuel in spark plug hole ,she back fired ? no run.
sound like to me 360 deg . out of timing ??? wired to me chain looks tight

Let me see if anyone else can assist with this further that may have more info on what to test for this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

no response jet, ???
i am still waiting for an ansver about that atv polaris 500hd
well i wend and got a pressure tester . oh boy 15 psi.
zylinder heavy marks some parts bleu marks
yuup oil pump failed