Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2000 Honda CBR 600 f4 when I push the starter button

Customer Question
headlight turns off but no...
2000 Honda CBR 600 f4 when I push the starter button headlight turns off but no starter. When turn switch on the the fuel pump does prime. Jump across cylinoid it will spin over then but it's not firing to start up. What can you help me on this matter with
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
1/9/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Eric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Eric, Technician

can you please give me a little background on what has lead up to this no start condition. Has the bike sat for a while unused? Have you checked the battery to know if its state of health?

The bike was running great. Left my drive went approximately 1/8 of a mile. Went to stop for sign & bike died. Starter motor was working good with starter button up until this point. I can also jump across wires at starter button & it will spin the starter from there. It has no fire to the spark plugs though
Battery has like 12.6 volts

by chance have you checked fuses? Also if you have access to a volt meter of some sort, you will want to see if you have battery voltage at the yellow/red tracer wire that goes into that starter solenoid when you have the key on, and starter button pressed as if you were attempting to start the bike. Do you get voltage at this wire?