Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Mfd not working. Comes on when first started (sometimes)

Customer Question
Mfd not working. Comes...

Mfd not working. Comes on when first started (sometimes) then completely goes off, sometimes lighting up for a few seconds then blanking out agai . Battery voltage between 13.7 and 14.5 idle to 3500 rpm

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The complete mfd on 2007 polaris IQ

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lightning yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed out the mfd.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to power up the mfd without starting motor?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 4 days by:
1/10/2018
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any wiring harness damage or connection issues leading to it.In some cases, this can be wiring or a connection fault that can cause this issue here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete