Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2008 RZR, is it possible oil could contaminate the gear

Customer Question
2008 RZR, is it...

2008 RZR, is it possible oil could contaminate the gear indicator switch on the transmission cousing the awd not to work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty?

Yes the oil is clean

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 motorcycle?

Polaris Razor 800

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes im working on it myself, new battery, new regulator,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The awd works when I first start riding but the gear indicator stops working and thats when the awd stops working

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
12/29/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris