Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2001 Polaris trailblazer 250 I recently rebuilt the…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 Polaris trailblazer 250 I recently rebuilt the carb and I can't get it right. It runs great I get the idle about where it needs to be then in like 10-15 minutes it bogs down backfires and dies out will fire right back up after a few miniutes and runs fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It backfires so hard it knocked the exaust off the frint

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am I have rebuilt the carberator so far and put a new plug in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
12/28/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a lean engine running fault causing this issue here.

If you have a restriction in the fuel feed or fuel filter or tank this can cause this fault and needs checked into.If this is o.k. and this only occurred after the carb. rebuild it is possible that something wasn't rebuilt or installed correctly and caused this issue here needs to be corrected.I would have the carb. and fuel system checked over to locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Before I rebuilt the carb it would run fine for about half an hour then die out. Thinking fuel restriction somewhere?

It sounds like it is running lean due to a lack of fuel.I would have the fuel system checked over for any issues to see if a fault is found causing a restriction.If this was already checked over and found o.k. let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Technician