Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2013 street glide with Vance and Hines big Radius…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 street glide with Vance and Hines big Radius 2-2 and fp3. even after a great auto tune , I am still have idle issues. when the bike hits a temp of 260 , idle will drop and at times stall.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the bike? What size is the engine?

39500

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 motorcycle?

FLHX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Shop didn't know what is going on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 day by:
12/28/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an electrical component acting up causing this fault here.Like a coil breaking down or even the control unit/computer.If these have not been checked into for any issues this needs done to see if any of these are found to be an issue needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

ECM was checked at the shop, and I replace engine temp sensor thinking it was trying to go into EITMS mode to quickly. this is not throwing any codes. I am at a loss.

If the fuel pump is heating up or working too hard and acting up this can also cause this issue here.If you have not had this checked this should be done to see if this is the cause.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

fuel pump and air filter all check out good

Was the pump pressure and signals tested when it was acting up or only when it was running o.k.?

both, it was tested at normal idle and when it was acting up

O.k.,this is a difficult question for me to be able to answer myself here.I will have to see if anyone else here can help further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete