Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Gday, ive just had my 94 dr650 motor rebuilt. When i put it…

Customer Question
Gday, ive just...

Gday, ive just had my 94 dr650 motor rebuilt. When i put it in motorbike and started it, there's a loud noise coming from starter area ,i lay bike over and took side cover off but all looks good, any suggestions, thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Rapid ones,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '94 motorcycle?

12/93 dr 650 re

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took motor only to bike mechanic ,and had bottom end rebuilt after failed L/H case bearing . I installed motor myself, bike runs but loud grinding noise from L/H side of engine mainly around starter area

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have workshop manual but nothing about electrc start, thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 day by:
12/27/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with the starter itself.If the starter is stuck staying engaged this can cause this issue with it needing to be replaced.I would have the starter tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?