Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2008 Polaris 800 sportsman hp changing gasket on rocker

Customer Question
2008 Polaris 800 sportsman...

2008 Polaris 800 sportsman hp changing gasket on rocker cover there was fuel in the breather valve and vent hose

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

800

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 motorcycle?

Sportsman

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't think fuel should be in that vent hose on rocker cover where the vent valve is

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 4 days by:
12/27/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a blow by issue with piston ring wear or damage or an issue with the fuel system ventilation forcing fuel into these components.You will have to have this looked into further to locate which component is the cause here for sure and then repaired from there.This may require an experienced repair facility to inspect to locate and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?