Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

98 g16a cart kept running when turn key off,took the 2 wires…

Customer Question
98 g16a cart kept running...
98 g16a cart kept running when turn key off,took the 2 wires off side of starter,it quit running ,took key switch out an unpluged go to put wires back on starter it tries to start??
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
12/22/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: HSQTECH,
 replied 7 months ago
HSQTECH

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Motorcycle Mechanic: HSQTECH,
 replied 7 months ago

sounds like the ignition switch needs to be replaced. if it would not kill engine when you turned it off, it is either a bad switch, or the kill wire is broken. being as it will not restart, I would change the key switch

Why would the starter engage when putting the wires back on, with the key switch unpluged from the cart
Motorcycle Mechanic: HSQTECH,
 replied 7 months ago

you are sending power directly to the starter from the battery. the switch is what cuts the power. being as the switch is no good, it didn't kill the power though. a new switch should fix your issue

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR