Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2015 Polaris ranger XP with all the trimmings. when using…

Customer Question
2015 Polaris ranger XP...

2015 Polaris ranger XP with all the trimmings. when using the blade, blows the fuse, witch also controls current to wipers and heater. How does one fuse it separate or is there a recall or some easy way to fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

It keeps blowing that fuse so we tried bigger size fuse but still blows it when moving blade. moving snow in north Dakota so kind of need heater going, which makes intermittent wiper use a must

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took to local dealer but they said no go.. have looked it over now myself and am thinking run a wire from battery to a fuse, then to a switch, then to the (keyed hot wires that go to the controls on the stick. but will take any other ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just looking for some helpful ideas from a pro

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
12/22/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris