Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have dr200 and have set timing numerous times and still…

Customer Question
I have dr200 and have...
I have dr200 and have set timing numerous times and still will not start I have put the bike at tdc and set the chain with cam at both lines parallel and set it and would not start I looked up the manual and it said too look in the viewing hole on magneto which has a line too set piston for timing but the piston is not at tdc but I did exactly what manual stated and still no start and yes I have adjusted the valves every time
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
12/18/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 7 months ago
Chase Capicotti

Hi there,

There should be multiple lines on the flywheel but only one with mark top dead center. My suggestions would be to set the piston visually at TDC and check the viewing hole to see if the mark is close. If not then rotate the crankshaft one full revolution to TDC again and recheck the hole. There is a chance you could be 180 degrees miss timed which is not uncommon.

No for the dr200 the flywheel only has one line so no your answer is incorrect and it does not help with my problem that I just paid 50$ for
I want a refund I have done everything you stated and still no running
As well it has been 2 days of no response this is bs