Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a v2c650s hyosung and the starter just maKES A

Customer Question
I have a v2c650s...

I have a v2c650s hyosung and the starter just maKES A CLICKING SOUND WHEN i try to start it. i put a battery on the starter to bypass everything to se if it would turn over and it did not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

The noise is coming from the solenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2007 v2c650s hyosung

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried putting 12 volts t the stater alone to see if it would run but it did not all it would do is just clic and the motor got hot

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
12/16/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...V2C 650S..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • remove the spark plugs and attempt to start again;
  • • try pushing the bike while in gear to determine if the engine would turn;
  • • if yes, then possibly a starter motor and/or starter clutch issue;
  • • if not, then a potential internal engine concern.