Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Changed my belt on a 360 prairie, had the belt plug undone…

Customer Question
Changed my belt on...

Changed my belt on a 360 prairie, had the belt plug undone when I started it up, the belt light came on and won't go out. I have already tried changing the black and grey wires and unplugging the belt switch wire. Is this a computer problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Belt light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

It is a 2007 Kawasaki 360 prairie

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

The manual says this light will come on every 100 hrs. or it will come on with a loose belt. Yes I am fixing it my self.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When this light is on it goes into limp mode and major loss of power

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
12/15/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 9 months ago
Chase Capicotti
Hi there, the attached video will show you how to reset your belt light. If this does not work then you might have tripped the belt switch in the belt housing. In that case you need to open up the housing again, find the switch, it should be located above the belt in the housing, then flip the switch back the other way. After flipping the switch you will probably have to reset the light again. https://youtu.be/igmOYPv5KXo
This would have worked if I haven't already tried it. This isn't a normal problem. I think it is the computer . I have asked for a refund the money that was withdrawn from my pay pal acc. This would have been worth the $33.00 if I didn't already try this fix.Bob Turner
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 9 months ago
Just to be clear, you tried both the belt safety switch flip and also the belt light reset?