Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a cbr 600rr 04 model the thermos fan is nit switching…

I have a cbr 600rr...
I have a cbr 600rr 04 model the thermos fan is nit switching itself on when it gets to the right temp as the temp sender regulater ??? is faulty . I want to wire it . the thermos straiat to a toggle switch so when in traffic ect I can switch it on the fan works perfect. do u se any harm in hooking it upto a switch directly, iff so can you advise of anything that I should be wary of I will disconnect battery ect until I install switch I know that much . do I have to eaeth the toggle switch as the thermos is all alloy.
12/8/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Honda CBR600RR. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially and depending on the version, there would be a fan relay hence bypassing the temp sensor at the radiator should serve the purpose.

Still and to be safe, install a high AMP rated switch 10 Amps preferably higher.

Louie, Technician
OK OBOVE 10 AMPS NO PROBS THANK YOU